Tuesday 13 September 2011

Guts

Guts

I have been spending some time looking into digestion recently, guts, bacteria, bugs, the whole, food to poo thing.
It’s been a fascinating time and I have learned a lot, I also realise that I have a long way to go with lots and lots more to learn.

The reading has made me realise that we are very good at ignoring what’s on the inside of the body, with the exception of muscle development, which we can see, most of us don’t think about our insides unless they go wrong. The long tube of our digestive tract is an unknown dark place we really don’t want to think about.

I am suggesting that we do, that our guts ability to work properly is the most important aspect of our overall health, that affects every aspects of our lives; from energy, thoughts, moods, our immune system, our long term health, and how (and when) we die.

Shiatsu has a massage practice based on the Hara (the abdomen) which can be fantastically helpful in getting things moving and releasing blockages, whether these are physical, emotional or spiritual.

But we need to do more, we need to heal any gut problems with may have developed through diet and lifestyle.

This blogg and my knowledge don’t allow me to go into great detail here, and there are better sources of information;

 http://robbwolf.com/  Robb Wolf has lots of info on gut health

http://gaps.me/  Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, developed the GAPS diet to assist children with Autism with some amazing results.  

http://chriskresser.com/ The healthy sceptic website, Chris Kresser has lots of info on lots of subjects

A great discussion on Underground Wellness radio with Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride

So I want to keep this short, just wanted to prompt some reading and thinking. The last thing I wanted to say was an apology to my mother; when she was alive she tried to pass on loads of traditional wisdom from her and her mother she had some very interesting things to say which I, of course completely ignored. Sorry Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment